You will need to dedicate time to browsing Facebook pages of your identified demographics. Friend them. Follow them. Like and share their posts. This is the social media equivalent of walking around the room at a party, introducing yourself and getting to know everyone. Failing to interact with others is the same thing as being a wallflower, and that simply isn’t going to help your business.
Social check-ins, as I like to call this process, can be performed anytime, anywhere. There is no rule of thumb on how often you should like and share posts, but this is one of those social media occasions where the more interaction you invest, the more exposure you will gain.
- Once you’ve logged into your Facebook Business Page your first stop should always be to check your notifications.
- If someone engaged with you, respond and reciprocate.
- Next, scroll through your timeline liking and sharing posts placed by others.
- When liking you can select the original “thumbs up” icon or a variety of emoticons to convey how you feel about their post. For maximum exposure, share posts with your friends/followers on your timeline.
- When sharing you even have the opportunity to comment on the post. Another option is to place a comment on posts, which will then show up on the Facebook user’s timeline.
These social check ins will generate exposure, strengthen social relationships and drive more clients to your Facebook page.
Still have questions about how to Maximize Your Facebook Business Page? Feel free to call me directly at 301.416.7861. I’m always happy to help!